For surfboards 6'6" and over.
New design and colour! Designed in partnership with Tom Carroll and Ocean & Earth.
WA Government Rebate now available.
The FREEDOM+ Surf has been designed in partnership with Tom Carroll and Ocean & Earth, as a seamless shark deterrent solution for surfboards, with no impact on performance. Surf the way you always have – with just a little more freedom.
This latest model features a streamlined electrode and black antenna design, inspired by the surfboard stringer. Because the new oblong shaped electrodes have exactly the same surface area as the old diamond shaped ones and the antenna is the same length, the new design offers exactly the same protection as the original version with the diamond shaped electrodes and white antenna.
Powered by Shark Shield Technology, this smart piece of high-tech kit comes with one Transferable Power Module, a Charging Dock with international options, and one Tail Pad / Antenna ready to install on your surfboard. You only ever need one Power Module, so if you have multiple boards – simply buy an extra Tail Pad / Decal Antenna (one per board) and you’re sorted.
The FREEDOM+ Surf is so effective at deterring sharks that the government of Western Australia offers a $200 Shark Deterrent Rebate for their residents that purchase this product. Click here for more info.
The FREEDOM+ Surf is best suited to boards 6'6" and over. This is due to the size of the electrical field produced. If used on a smaller board, the electrical field may be felt on your fingertips when duck diving. For boards under 6'6" we recommend using the FREEDOM+ Surf - SHORTBOARD.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The world’s only scientifically proven and independently tested electrical shark deterrent. Nothing is more effective.
- Creates a powerful electrical field that turns sharks away. Electrical field approx. 4m (13.12ft) long x 3.5m (11.48ft) deep.
- Proven to deter Great Whites, Tiger Sharks and Bull Sharks.
- Included in the WA Government $200 Shark Deterrent Rebate program.
- Easy to install yourself on old or new boards. No need to involve a shaper.
- Designed for boards 6'6" and over.
- Sticker-thin (≤ 500 microns) adhesive decal antenna adheres to the underside of your board and connects to the Tail Pad. No impact on surfing performance.
- Transferable Power Module can be removed for charging and used on any board fitted with the custom designed Tail Pad / Decal Antenna or Tail Pad / Antenna - SHORTBOARD.
- Transferable Power Module features a long-life 6-hour rechargeable lithium battery, and LED power on/off and battery life indicator. Allows you to have a couple of surfs on the one charge.
- A foam insert (included) can be used in the Tail Pad kicker for those surfs when you don’t want to use the Transferable Power Module.
- The new oblong shaped electrodes measure 5.3cm (2.08") wide x 24cm (9.44") long and are spaced approximately 70cm (27.56") apart.
- Transferable Power Module weighs 250g (8.82oz) and measures 20.8cm L (8.1") x 6.3cm W (2.48") x 2.48cm H (1.1").
- Comes with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- No known permanent harm to sharks and does NOT attract sharks.
- Not suitable for children under 14, pregnant women or those with certain medical conditions. Read more here.
- Covered by Ocean Guardian's Standard Warranty